What It Takes to Be a Successful Family Business CEO
In a session moderated by BDO’s Brooke Anderson and Jeffrey Kane, Matt Binsfeld, 4th-generation President & CEO of J.F. Brennan Company; Colleen Moore Mezler, 2nd-generation President & CEO of Moore Research Services, Inc.; and Keith Hoogland, 3rd-generation CEO of Highland Ventures Ltd., along with David Shaw, Publishing Director of Family Business Magazine, will address the following topics and respond to audience questions and comments:
- Business issues — inflation, risk, talent, potential recession
- Leadership challenges in a family business — from the family and non-family perspective
- The critical issue of planning for your own succession
- Lessons learned and what you wish you had known
Running a family-owned business is different from running any other kind of business. It takes not only business skills, but a special kind of diplomacy. Each year, Family Business Magazine recognizes business CEOs for their exceptional leadership, and we feature them in our November/December issue.
To complement this special feature, we asked three of the CEOs to join us for a webinar discussion on the unique challenges and opportunities of leading a family-owned business:
- Matt Binsfeld, President & CEO, J.F. Brennan Company (4th-generation)
- Colleen Moore Mezler, President & CEO, Moore Research Services, Inc. (2nd-generation)
- Keith Hoogland, CEO, Highland Ventures Ltd. (3rd-generation)
If you are the CEO of a family-owned business or aspire to lead your family company, this webinar will offer insights into what it takes to achieve true leadership success.
Family Business Magazine’s “Family Business CEOs to Watch” section was made possible through the sponsorship of BDO.
President & CEO, J.F. Brennan Company
Colleen Moore Mezler
President & CEO, Moore Research Services, Inc.
CEO, Highland Ventures Ltd.
National Managing Principal, Private Client Services, BDO
Chair, Global Private Client Services Centre of Excellence, BDO
Publishing Director, Family Business Magazine