Taking Over: Tips From a Third Generation CEO
Third-generation CEO Mitchell Kaneff knows that when family businesses create and implement an effective strategy for handing over the reins, they enjoy a much higher success rate. In Taking Over, he introduces a straightforward approach to succession planning that addresses the special, overwhelming challenges family-run companies face.
Drawing on his experiences, as well as those of other family business owners, Mitchell gives leaders, heirs apparent, and their families the tools and inspiration they need to overcome the turmoil of transition.
Taking Over will show you how to:
- Tackle the complex emotional and psychological issues associated with the family business--before you take it over
- Hire advisors to reduce tension and resolve family conflict--and then cut them loose
- Begin preparing for your exit as soon as you enter the business
- Choose the most competent successor in a measured, detached way--and relinquish control of the company graciously
- Maintain financial stewardship and preserve family values to pass both wealth and traditions to the next generation
Filled with candor and real-life stories, this book will help you transfer leadership to the next generation while keeping your company--and your family--intact and thriving.