Family businesses face a wide range of challenges as they manage their business and protect their wealth and legacy. Governance, technology, talent acquisition, and investing in the future are just a few of the areas that require focus and planning to ensure continued growth.
Join us for this special, complimentary, one-day event that will provide you with insightful takeaways for your family office/enterprise.
8:00 – 9:00 Breakfast
9:00 – 9:30 Introduction
David Shaw, Publishing Director, Family Business Magazine, and Rich Heller, Private Company Services, NY Metro Regional Leader, PwC U.S.
Values and Purpose as the Backbone of Strategy
• Getting value from your values
• Strategic planning
• Succession and continuity planning (involving the next generation)
PRESENTER: Jonathan Flack, Partner, U.S. Family Enterprises Leader, PwC U.S.
9:30 – 10:30 Understanding the Nuances/Differences in a Single Family Office
Family enterprise governance
• Board composition for the business and the role of independent directors (bringing in outsiders)
• Governance in the family office
• How to inject more creativity into strategy
Talent acquisition and management
A top issue for family businesses and one of the top challenges for most family offices.
PRESENTERS: Belinda Sneddon, Managing Director, U.S. Family Enterprise Advisory Services, PwC U.S., and Chris Herschend, Vice Chairman, Herschend Family Entertainment
10:30 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:00 Raising Your Digital IQ
• The role of technology in a family office and the family business: trends and innovation
• Securing legacy in a digital age
• Preparing for the next wave of digital disruption
PRESENTER: Danielle Valkner, U.S. Family Office Leader, PwC U.S.
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 Investing in the Future
• The changing landscape of family enterprise investing: issues and strategies
• Thinking beyond the family: considerations outside capital and investments
PRESENTERS: Fentress Seagroves, U.S. Inbound Deals Leader, PwC U.S., and Gary Katz, Managing Partner, Downtown Capital Partners
2:00 – 2:15 Closing Remarks/Wrap-up
David Shaw, Publishing Director, Family Business Magazine, and Peter Kaplan, Assurance Partner and Long Island office Managing Partner