Helping you navigate through this crisis
A message from Bill Rock, the president of MLR Media
As COVID-19 continues to spread around the world with devastating effects, first and foremost, we are focusing on the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers and communities. As you know, we at MLR Media are a family business, and we recognize the dual challenges of keeping both the business and the family functioning well. The former requires a focus on customers, constant employee communication and vigilant management of cash; the latter requires compassionate understanding of family needs, issues and requirements.
Family Business Magazine remains committed to providing information, guidance and tools to help you navigate through this crisis. To that end, we are taking the following actions:
- On our websites, in these newsletters and in our award-winning print magazines, we’re extensively covering family businesses’ responses to this unprecedented crisis. We are focused on producing actionable content based on what other family businesses are doing, and have created a section of our website dedicated to the responses and strategies of our readers, as well as advice from family business experts. All the articles in this section will be free to view. Below are some recent ones we thought you’d find valuable:
- We’re adding more webinars to our schedule so you and your family members will have the opportunity to continue learning in a virtual environment. Our next webinar will focus on the resilience and adaptability of family businesses as they navigate these challenging times. Register now for the webinar designed to be an "interactive" exchange of ideas on family communications and interactions, with guidance from the experts at CFAR.
- We will be fielding additional surveys and creating reports based on the results to help you better understand how family businesses are managing the crisis and planning beyond.
- If you are willing to share what strategies your business or family is undertaking, please send a message to Barbara Spector. A number of our readers have already submitted very helpful information, including Paul Darley, third-generation CEO of W.S. Darley & Co., who has allowed us to publish the emails he sent to team members that put safety first and emphasized resilience.
- And most importantly, we — like you — are maintaining a reasoned perspective. We know that this crisis will pass, and that we’ll be resilient and resolute in our mutual recovery. We remain very grateful for your support and committed to helping you through this crisis and beyond.