Felix Grucci, Jr.
Executive VP & CFO, Fireworks By Grucci
Felix Grucci, Jr. is the past President of Fireworks by Grucci, which has been in his family since 1850. Today, Donna and Felix Jr., the fourth generation, and Felix (Phil) Grucci, the fifth generation, are leading the family business into their third century of entertaining the world with fireworks.
The Grucci's became the first American family to win the Gold Medal for the United States at the 1979 annual Monte Carlo International Fireworks Competition, beating competitors from Denmark, France, Italy and Spain. This is revered by those in the fireworks entertainment community as the most prestigious competition in the world. The Grucci's consider this one of their greatest accomplishments, and the New York press dubbed them as "America's First Family of Fireworks".
Throughout his professional career, Felix has produced thousands of firework programs throughout the country. Some of the more notable are:
- 6 consecutive presidential inaugurations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.
- In 1983 and 1992, he designed and produced World Class firework presentations for the Brooklyn Bridge Centennial.
- In 1986, Felix worked in coordination with Tommy Walker Productions to produce the centennial celebration of the Statue of Liberty
- He is currently the Executive Show Producer for Las Vegas Event’s “America’s Party” the country’s largest New Years Eve fireworks celebration.
Felix has also served the Fireworks Industry as a:
- Director of the American Pyrotechnic Association (the industry’s leading trade organization).
- Founding Member of the American Fireworks Standards Laboratory (the industries only diagnostic performance institution to insure pyrotechnic devices perform safely).
- Member of the Board of Directories of the American Fireworks Standards Laboratory.
- Committee Member on the Pyrotechnic Committee of the National Fire Protection Association (one of the country’s leading standard writing agency used by most regulators throughout the country to promulgate laws regulating the safe use of fireworks).
Felix has also served his community as:
- Planning Commissioner for the Suffolk County Planning Commission
- Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals for the Town of Brookhaven
- Councilman – Brookhaven Town Board
- Supervisor of the Town of Brookhaven (a township of 450,000 people and an operating budget of $130,000,000.00)
- Member of the 107th Congress – Congressmen NY 1