Sat, July 2, 2016
Managing Principal, The Optimas Group, LLC
Doug Wilwerding is the founder and Managing Principal of The Optimas Group, LLC, a venture investment firm founded in 2008. Doug and the Optimas team guide capitalization efforts and work closely with management teams to develop differentiated market positions and create lasting value. The Optimas Group portfolio companies focus on business to business services, technology, and specialty finance.
Currently, The Optimas Group, LLC invests in:
• Adventos- focused on enabling municipal governments and public safety entities in providing for safer communities through better logistics and resource management technology;
• AllCom Global Services - a prime and sub-contractor providing communications infrastructure engineering and installation to the government sector;
• Javlin Capital – offers specialty financing to the consumer finance, real estate, legal, and healthcare markets;
• Phenomblue - an integrated communications, branding, and marketing strategy partner serving domestic and international markets;
• MySidewalk - the leading provider of municipal and electoral geospatial data mining and analysis services; and
• Vendorin - the leading pure-play provider of automated payment outsourcing for business, industry, and professional services.
Prior to founding The Optimas Group, Doug worked from 1986 to 2008 in the accounts receivable management industry with Accent Service Company, Accent Insurance Recovery, Omnium Worldwide, and West Corporation. During that time, Doug developed an in-depth understanding of consumer finance, commercial finance, telecommunications, insurance, and healthcare accounts receivable in U.S., Central American, and South American markets. Through his career Doug has held a variety of leadership positions on industry boards in both the consumer credit and health insurance sectors.
Following his leveraged buyout of Omnium Worldwide in 1998, Doug served as Chairman and CEO until he sold the company to West Corporation in 2007. In 2008, after completing post transaction integration and leadership transition, Doug left West Corporation to form The Optimas Group, LLC. In 2016 Doug assumed the roles of Chairman and CEO of Vendorin, LLC along with his role as Managing Principal of The Optimas Group, LLC.
In addition to serving on the boards of the Optimas portfolio companies, Doug's board experience includes banking, industrial machinery, livestock and agriculture, business services, and technology companies ranging in annual revenue from a few million dollars to more than $500 million.
Doug holds BSBA and MBA degrees from the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado.
Doug and his wife Elaine have three grown daughters and are active in charitable organizations throughout Omaha. They live in Omaha,Nebraska and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Doug is an avid fly fisherman, golfer, snow skier, and cyclist.