Cybersecurity and Personal Risk: What’s Your Family Business Footprint?
Join family business member Greg Waggoner of Leupold & Stevens and Jordan Arnold and Joseph Lawlor of K2 Intelligence
Thursday February 4, 2016
2pm ET/11 am PT
In today’s digital world, family business information can no longer be considered private; more important, it can’t be considered secure. While modern technology has made the flow of information faster, better and more efficient, it also has opened the door to risks that affect you, your enterprise and your family.
In this webinar, Jordan Arnold and Joseph Lawlor of K2 Intelligence, along with Greg Waggoner, a board member and fourth-generation owner of Leupold & Stevens Inc., will discuss the components of a cybersecurity and physical risk footprint, including:
- Publicly available information, such as news and contact information on the Internet and social media traffic.
- Cyber assets, such as domains, firewalls, routers and switching at the edge of your network.
- Publicly available information on your business or corporate environment, your infrastructure and relationships, emails, vendors, bank relationships, service providers.
- Physical risk and your personal habits, such as when and how you come and go.
- Overseas travel and associated potential compromise of your personal or business devices.
- Your entourage -- the people who are closest to you. How well do you really know them?
- The intersection of the cyber world with the physical world and the impact of video surveillance, building surveillance, card swipes, HVAC and other vendors; the myriad connected devices that can monitor, control or even advertise your physical location, assets and family (for good or bad).
This webinar will offer guidance on developing an awareness of your business and personal footprint and preventing security breaches.
Please join Family Business Magazine editor Barbara Spector, who will moderate this webinar on personal and cybersecurity for family businesses.
Board Member and G4 Owner, Leupold & Stevens Inc.
Managing Director-New York, K2 Intelligence
Joseph M. Lawlor
Associate Managing Director-New York, K2 Intelligence
Editor, Family Business Magazine
Barbara Spector, who grew up in a family business, has served on the editorial staff of Family Business Magazine since 2000. She has been editor-in-chief since 2004 and became associate publisher in 2011. She compiled and edited six volumes in the acclaimed Family Business Handbook Series. Previously, she was the managing editor of Jewelers' Circular Keystone, a trade magazine for the jewelry industry, which is primarily composed of family businesses. She is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.