President & CEO, Family Enterprise USA
Ann Kinkade brings close to three decades of business experience, working exclusively with business-owning families in a variety of contexts for the last 15 years. Most recently in 2009, Ann launched Family Enterprise USA (FEUSA), the nation's first nonprofit, nonpartisan, advocacy group dedicated to addressing family enterprise public image and public policy issues. Since its inception, through its growing membership base, FEUSA is becoming recognized as the nation's voice for family enterprises. To that end, FEUSA has been invited to share results from its national survey, to lead discussions and provide expert insights on concepts related to public image and public policy concerns at many conferences, and to discuss opportunities that will enhance the family enterprise field and develop its collective identity. In addition, FEUSA's first two Issue Briefs have been disseminated in the last year.
Before Family Enterprise USA, Ann's passion and commitment to the family business industry was demonstrated by successfully building a highly-regarded, university-based membership organization, teaching at the graduate, undergraduate and professional levels, advising one-on-one with family businesses, serving on family business boards, while continuing her own professional development in the field.
Since committing to the family enterprise field as a vocation, Ann has attended, presented and led numerous conferences and educational seminars on a variety of topics related to family enterprise success including governance, leadership, succession planning, communication, interpersonal and family relations among others. She serves or has served on several family business boards, nonprofit boards, and has reviewed three published family business books and numerous published articles. She has been awarded the Family Firm Institute's (FFI) Certificate in Family Business Advising and is also recognized as an FFI Fellow.
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Family Firm Institute: Member, Mentor, Fellow, Presenter, Professional Education Committee Member, International Committee Chair, Conference Chair, Awards Judge, Workshop Reviewer; 1999-Present
- Family Business Network: Educational Member, Conference Presenter; 2001-2011
- Family Enterprise Research Conference: Attendee, Presenter and Award Sponsor; 2005-2010
- American Society of Association Executives: Member; 2009-Present
- National Association of Corporate Directors: Member; 2006-2010
- United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship: Member, Conference Presenter, Paper Reviewer; 1999-2009
- International Council for Small Business Management: Member and Family Business Conference co-chair; 2004-2006